I have had the opportunity to spend some time with the Gun Holster Lubricant manufactured by Quick Draw Gear. I have to say that this stuff does what it says it will do. I experienced no issues or problems when utilizing this product, and did notice a smoothness to holster draw that was not there before.
I am no scientist, so let me list a few items from the manufacturer’s page:
- Quick Draw is a precise ratio of viscosity optimized silicone and lanolin. Just one spray creates a thin lubricating barrier between the holster and firearm that gives you an ultra-fast draw and protects the weapon. It speeds the draw by reducing friction and also protects your holster and firearm from abrasion, scuffing, corrosion and rust.
- Developed and field tested by military and law enforcement, Quick Draw gives you the confidence of a fast draw each and every time you reach for your sidearm. No hanging, gripping, or friction to slow down your first shot time giving you the edge on the competition.
- There are numerous kinds of silicone, each with viscosity ranging from thinner than water to thick grease. Quick Draw was perfected by testing a range of silicone types and viscosities to create the perfect lubricant for drawing a handgun from modern snug holsters. In combination with lanolin, Quick Draw creates a thin lubricating and protecting layer of silicone, while the lanolin penetrates to protect the gunmetal and holster.Typical silicone sprays found at home improvement stores contain tiny amounts of silicone with tons of fillers. Quick draw contains 20-30X more silicon than typical silicone spray lubricants.
- Owned and operated by US Marine Corp and US ARMY Airborne veterans. Many of our friends continue with their careers in the military, working with private military contractors like Blackwater or law enforcement. We developed Quick Draw to give them every tactical advantage possible in their harsh operating environments where every second counts.
A list of possible applications:
- Silicone spray is recommended by Safariland, Bianchi, and most quality holster manufacturers.
- Safe for all holster types including Kydex, Leather, Nylon, and plastic.
- Contains no oils, water, waxes or other harsh chemicals.
- Protects firearm from abrasion, scuffing, corrosion, and rust.
- It’s not only for holsters and can be used to protect knife blades, exterior surface of rifles, handguns and magazines.
I would like to give away a brand new unused bottle to one lucky person.
How to enter: Just leave a comment on this review.
How many entries per person: One entry per person.
Entry requirements: None other than leaving a real email address to only be used for contest winning notification.
Winner selected: December 20, 2015