I have already donated some to the cause. Please share this and donate if you are in a position to be able to do so.
On Friday morning Zach Hill passed away. Many of the regulars here probably recognize that name. Zach was one of my best friends. He was one of the members of Writer Nerd Game Night. He was a regular in the Utah writing scene. I know lots of you know him from his website as the Minimum Wage Historian.
A donation page has been set up for his young wife, Mackenzie here: http://gogetfunding.com/honor-a-fallen-friend-zachary-hill-memorial-fund/
Last Friday was supposed to be game night at my place. For all of us this is something we look forward to all month. I was writing that morning when I got a message from Zach’s older brother George that Zach had passed out at work, they’d done CPR on him, and rushed him to the hospital. My initial reaction was mostly disbelief. Zach is only in his thirties, didn’t have any serious health problems anybody knew about, and was a pretty healthy guy. George is back in Virginia and was getting this second hand, so maybe it was just me being optimistic, but I assumed it was some minor thing, probably not a big deal, and he’d be fine. I gave the rest of the guys a heads up that Zach was sick, but let’s cancel to be safe.
Then about fifteen minutes later George told us that Zach was gone.
Read the rest of the article: http://monsterhunternation.com/2016/01/18/in-memory-of-zach-hill/
The Texas campus carry bill is caught up in a budget showdown between the Lieutenant Governor and the Speaker of the House. Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and Speaker Joe Straus disagree over where to cut taxes, and campus carry has become a hostage that each is using to try to force the other’s hand.
We need to POLITELY and PROFESSIONALLY let Lt. Gov. Patrick know we want him to do whatever it takes to ensure that Senator Birdwell’s campus carry language passes both chambers as either a standalone bill (SB 11) or an amendment to open carry (HB 910).
There are four ways you can help get our message to Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick:
1. Call Lt. Gov. Patrick’s comment line: (512) 463-5342
2. Email Lt. Gov. Patrick: LTGConstituent.Affairs@ltgov.state.tx.us
3. Send a free fax (https://faxzero.com/) to Lt. Gov. Patrick: (512) 463-8668
4. Tweet Lt. Gov. Patrick: @DanPatrick and @LtGovTX
You can choose one method or all four. Just remember to be professional and courteous—being rude or confrontational will only hurt our cause.
House Bill 422 (HB422) would take important steps towards blocking the enforcement of federal gun control in the state of Texas. (learn more here)
**HB422 passed thru committee 5 – 0! Help get the bill to the House floor by 5/14**
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Texas you live, take these actions today. HB422 now goes to the House Committee on Calendars.
1. Call the Committee Chair Todd Hunter at (512) 463-0672. Respectfully urge him to move this bill forward and vote YES.
2. Call the other members of the committee. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move this bill forward and vote YES on HB422.
Eddie Lucio (512) 463-0606
Roberto Alonzo (512) 463-0408
Bryon Cook (512) 463-0730
Sarah Davis (512) 463-0389
Charlie Geren (512) 463-0610
Helen Giddings (512) 463-0953
Patricia Harless (512) 463-0496
Dan Huberty (512) 463-0520
Eric Johnson (512) 463-0586
Ken King (512) 463-0736
Lyle Larson (512) 463-0646
Four Price (512) 463-0470
Debbie Riddle (512) 463-0572
Eddie Rodriguez (512) 463-0674
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in ONE day. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Donate. We cannot succeed without your help – and without the financial resources to get things done. We accept no government grants, and have no corporate backers. We’re standing up against the entire gun control establishment and need the funding to take them on more and more aggressively – so liberty can win.
President Obama’s Secretary of State John Kerry made this statement about the UN Gun Ban today: “We look forward to signing it as soon as the process of conforming the official translations is completed satisfactorily.” Call your senators today and ask that they OPPOSE this.