When you are into one of those professions where carrying a gun is mandatory, you don’t have any other option, but to wear the holster all day long. Keeping this thing in mind, along with several other functionalities, we asked the experts to provide their reviews about the different designs of the G2 Urban Carry Holsters. And that’s how we collected all the data. Also, there are certain specifications from the manufacturers that we are going to use. Now, let us talk about these designs.
- This holster is ideal for S&W Bodyguard, Kimber Micro, Ruger LCP and several other firearms of same design.
- When kept flat, the size of the holster is 11.75”X 5”X 0.25”
- When worn, the folded size of the holster is 8.5”X 5”X 1”
- The weight is approximately 7.6 oz
When you first receive the holster from Urban Carry Holsters, the leather seems so stiff and it feels that the material would get fine lines and won’t be able to accommodate the firearm. But, then it strikes you as it is what that keeps the holster from sagging and don’t worry about the leather. It is going to break in a few days. Just keep your firearm in the holster while it is all wrapped in the plastic.
Now, let’s talk about carrying this holster on a daily basis. After a couple of days of practice, I was able to make a smooth draw without fumbling with the clothes and making a fool out of myself. The first day I wore it directly against my skin; well, that was a mistake that I committed. And from the next times, I started wearing it between the layers.
- This holster is ideal for Ruger LC9, Sig P238, Glock 42 and several other firearms of same design.
- When kept flat, the size of the holster is 12.75”X 5.25”X 0.25”
- When worn, the folded size of the holster is 9”X 5.25”X 1”
- The weight is approximately 7.9 oz
If you are looking for holsters that can easily be carried inside the waistband, then you should definitely try the Trooper G2 Urban Carry Holsters. I tried it for a few days, and I can say this without any hesitation that I fell in love with this piece. With its reinforced opening, you can easily draw the firearm and this also offers sift re-holstering.
This model comes with evenly spread belt loops that have press studs which is the most amazing feature of this model. The holster can be removed easily without taking out the waist belt. Looking for additional security just like me? Then, go for the easy to adjust screws.
- This holster is ideal for J-Frame Revolver, Shield 9/.40, Springfield XDs 3.3, Glock 43, Glock 26 and several other firearms of same design.
- When kept flat, the size of the holster is 13”X 5.75”X 0.25”
- When worn, the folded size of the holster is 9.5”X 5.75”X 1”
- The weight is approximately 8.1 oz
While I ordered the Lieutenant G2 Urban Carry Holsters for the review, and received the package, the holster felt quite comfortable, as to speak. I adjusted the holster on my belt and checked for printing. From a few feet, the printing resembled to that of a wallet or phone case that you might be carrying in your pocket and that was pretty much satisfactory. The metal clip of the holster has a leather flap over it which again gives a close resemblance to the cell phone. Well, in other words, with this holster you can easily carry your firearm while tucking your shirt in and nobody would even notice.
Other than these, we are left with the Captain G2 Urban Carry Holsters and Colonel G2 Urban Carry Holsters that we are going to discuss in our upcoming reviews. Looking for more information on leather gun holsters and how to take care of one? Then, stay tuned with us for further updates on various topics pertaining to concealed carry holsters and leather gun holsters.
Till then, stay safe!
Dave Smith is a connoisseur of firearms and is the marketing specialist of Urban Carry Holsters. With a degree in marketing, he is a hardcore holsters enthusiast and loves to try and review the latest designs of holsters and weapons