When it comes to lengthening the lifespan of your weapons, just like car care and maintenance , you must know how to take care of them! Through the proper care and maintenance of your weapons, not only will it last and perform well, but you’ll also learn about how the gun works, with you being more confident using it safely. So whether you’re hunting or take shooting as a hobby, I’ll be showing you the tips on how to maintain your weapons to ensure confidence and cleanliness in the weapons you use.
How To Maintain Your Weapons
If you’re a newbie or still have no idea on how to maintain your weapons, here are the necessary and helpful tips you need to know about:
1. Always unload your rifle before you begin cleaning to ensure safety. Your ammunition should be separate from your weapons.
2. Make sure that you can identify the parts you’ll be cleaning and that you disassemble only to the part that the gun manufacturer instructs you to do.
3. Invest in the right gun cleaning materials and create a kit to make it easy to organize. The gun cleaning kit should contain cleaning solvent, a brush, cleaning rod, gun oil, a small flashlight, microfiber cloths, and cotton swabs.
4. After you are done cleaning the guns, make sure that you store them in a cool and dry area, unloaded and away from pets or children. This is to ensure that it will last longer. I also recommend gun cases.
5. The basic gun cleaning process goes like this:
• Unload your gun and eject the magazine and chamber.
• Dismantle your firearm and identify all the parts you’ll be cleaning.
• Clean the chamber and bolt by wiping it down with the cloths.
• Spray solvent, let it sit, then scrub the gun with a brush.
• Wipe the gun with cloth and solvent. Use a cleaning rod to get any dirt or carbon deposits.
• Clean the barrel and swab it with cloth and solvent. Wipe it dry with cloth again.
• Assemble the gun then oil all the components that need to be lubricated.
• Wipe down the gun and store properly.
6. I recommend that you clean your gun after firing ten bullets or one round. It’s best to clean it brand new or if it has been sitting in one area for a few months.
If you own guns and other equipment used for shooting, then just like caring for your car you must know how to maintain your weapons. Regular cleaning and daily care ensures that you have equipment to last for years to come, no matter how long you haven’t used it for.
I hope that this article on how to maintain your weapons helped you become more knowledgeable on what you need to do to keep your weapons spic and span. So what are you waiting for? Start cleaning your weapons today and store them in the right areas!
If you have any question or would like to share your tips and experiences on how to maintain your weapons, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.