With all due respect, sir. You cannot just order a gun off the internet and have it delivered to your door as you would with a package from Amazon. Oh, how I wish this was true. Allow me to educate you on the process:
- place an order for a firearm online
- provide your FFL dealer’s address, phone number, and copy of their FFL license to the merchant
- firearm is delivered directly to the FFL dealer
- FFL dealer logs firearm in to inventory
- purchaser meets FFL dealer and fills out 4473 form, just as with any other purchase of a firearm at a gun shop
- only after NICS check approval does purchaser take possession of the firearm ordered online.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) January 5, 2016