Gun safety is a hot-button issue these days. Violence is always front page news, but there’s a large middle ground between the headlines and the average homeowner who wants to safely and legally protect their property and their rights. Here are some tips to help ensure gun safety in the home.
– Unless you’re in a defensive situation, always point your muzzle where it can do no harm in case of accidental discharge.
– Keep your finger away from the trigger when cleaning or showing your gun.
– Read the manual for your particular firearm thoroughly.
– Firearms safety training is a must for you and every member of your household.
– Keep your firearms in a safe when not in use and never allow children to access them.
– Store all ammunition in a locked cabinet or safe that’s separate from where you store your firearms.
– Use a gun safety lock that makes the gun inoperable when you’re not using it.
– Make sure you clean and unload your gun before locking it after you return from the shooting range or your hunting trip.
Guns aren’t just for protection. There’s a huge segment that collects them for their aesthetic and historical value. Whether you’re a sportsman, a collector, or just an average citizen who wants to protect your home and family, you can find safety equipment like fire resistant gun safes at GunSafesNow.com and other websites that provide products to keep your possessions secure and protect your investment.