I know what I want for Christmas…
FN Herstal announces the introduction of the newly developed deFNder™ medium remote weapon station that provides optimized remote firing capabilities while keeping the operator fully secure and safe from harm.
The deFNder™ is capable of integrating any FN Herstal machine gun up to .50 cal, including the exclusive M3P machine gun, which has a unique firing rate of 1,100 rounds per minute and features extended operation angles [-42°; +73°]. The deFNder™ is therefore well suited for:
- self-defense, fire support and combat missions – also in urban environments – when mounted on light, medium or heavy vehicles
- turret onto turret applications
- border control or critical infrastructure protection missions.
The deFNder™ features a universal cradle accepting any FN machine gun from 5.56mm MINIMI up to .50 cal or 40mm AGLs. The cradle is mounted on a soft mount to ensure optimized firing capabilities and reduced level of shocks and vibrations. The weapon station does not exceed 120 kg in weight (without weapon and ammunition) and 640mm in height. It comes standard with a CCD and thermal uncooled camera.
A number of options enhance the effectiveness of the deFNder™. These include:
- IR thermal cooled camera
- Laser Range Finder (LRF) and ballistic computer
- Ballistic protection
- Higher ammo box capacity
- Two-axis gyroscopic stabilization
- Smoke grenade launcher kits
- Weapon protective cover
- Target tracking and autoscan.
With this new medium remote weapon station, FN Herstal expands its line of deFNder™ remote weapon stations, that already includes the deFNder™ Light (formerly known as LRWS or Light Remote Weapon Station) firing 5.56mm or 7.62mm FN infantry machine guns, and definitely positions itself as a major player in this arena.